We all want to be safe online, and PhormDiscover has been designed to set a new, higher standard for your privacy online.
PhormDiscover never knows who you are, does not store where you have been online, and presents you with a clear choice as to whether to switch it on or off.
You are completely anonymous to the system - right from the moment you choose to take part.
Among the many privacy principles that we’ve built into the system are:
- Consumers opt-in to the service via an unmissable online invitation meaning that the service is only activated after an IPS subscriber has explicitly chosen to use it.
- Users have a clear and ongoing choice over their participation. All they need to do is visit a dedicated webpage hosted by their ISP where they have the option to switch the service on or off.
- Users are able to switch the system off at the broadband account level meaning that none of their traffic can be processed or analysed.
- No personal data, no browsing histories or IP addresses are stored. This also means that no personal data is shared or sold to anyone else.
- Nor does it store sensitive information, including: adult; children; political; sexual orientation; use of drugs, alcohol and tobacco; medical and psychological conditions; gambling; religion; race and ethnicity; or involvement in illegal activities.
- Users are anonymous right from the outset so the system never knows who anyone is - all that is ever stored is a random alphanumeric value, the fact that a match has been made with an interest topic, and a time and date stamp. Everything else is deleted to protect your privacy. This is a process that cannot be reversed to reveal any personal information since no data of this kind is ever stored.
Offering a personalised internet whilst talking about improved privacy seems counterintuitive, but this is one of our key achievements. Unlike other companies, our approach is to use the minimum data possible to show users relevant and useful information.